Verses and Quotes
Below are some examples of Verses and Quotes that can be used on your monument to help memorialize your loved one.
Click the links below to skip to that category.
1. Gone so soon.
2. Our loved one.
3. Gone to be an angel.
4. Gone to a better land.
5. Darling, we miss thee.
6. The lovely flower has faded.
7. “Blessed are the early dead. ”
8. “Of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
9. “He carries the lamb in his bosom.”
10. “Suffer little children to come unto me”
11. Asleep in Jesus, blessed thought.
12. A fairer bud of promise never bloomed.
13. How soon fades the tender flower.
14. A sunbeam from the world has vanished…
15. So small, so sweet, so soon.
16. Budded on Earth to bloom in Heaven.
17. She left the world knowing she was loved. Nothing in life could be a more precious gift. You’ll always be in our hearts, daughter!
18. It is not length of life, but depth of life. He jumped into life and never touched bottom.
19. This little one shines like a star in the Heavens.
20. You are a song in our hearts forever.
21. You will always be my sunshine.
1. At rest.
2. In Heaven.
3. Gone home.
4. My trust is in God.
5. Forever with the Lord.
6. They are not dead.
7. Death is another life.
8. We will meet again.
9. Absent, not dead.
10. Gone, but not forgotten.
11. In after time we’ll meet her.
12. Christ is my hope.
13. To die is gain.
14. God defends the right.
15. May he rest in peace.
16. Thy God has claimed thee as his own.
17. He has gone to the mansions of rest.
18. There is rest in heaven.
19. With Christ in heaven.
20. Not my will, but Thine be done. 21. In my Father’s House are many mansions.
22. He has kept the faith.
23. One worthy of remembrance.
24. Sleep undisturbed within this peaceful shrine.
25. They gave their today for our tomorrow.
26. I triumph in death, as in life.
27. Forever honour ‘d and forever mourn’ d.
28. Love illumes the realms of night. 29. To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
30. Death – That golden key that opens the palace of Eternity.
31. Death loves a shining mark.
32. His record is on high.
33. Tho’ lost to sight, to memory dear. 34. Death is the crown of life.
35. Not lost, but gone before.
36. Asleep in Jesus.
37. Beloved one, farewell.
38. Meet me in heaven.
39. His memory is blessed.
40. Resting till the resurrection morn. 55. Prepare to meet me in heaven.
41. Earth’s brightest gems are fading. 42. He is not dead, but sleepeth.
43. Dying is but going home.
44. He is at rest in heaven.
45. None knew thee but to love thee. 46. She was the sunshine of our home.
47. Thy trials ended, thy rest is won. 48. Resting in hopes of a glorious resurrection.
49. How desolate our home bereft of thee.
50. He died as he lived – a Christian. 51. Let our Father’s will be done.
52. In Thee, O lord, have I put my trust.
53. He was beloved by God and man. 54. May he find joy in the life everlasting.
55. Sheltered and safe from sorrow.
56. Thy life was beauty, truth, goodness and love.
57. Death is eternal life, why should we weep?
58. An honest man’s the noblest work of God.
59. A tender mother and a faithful friend.
60. We trust our loss will be her gain and that with Christ she’s gone to reign.
61. The rose may fade, the lily die, but the flowers immortal bloom on high. 62. She faltered by the wayside and the angels took her home.
63. Faithful to her trust, even unto death.
64. What hopes have perished with you, my son.
65. …well done good and faithful servant.
66. In sure and certain hope of the resurrection.
67. Forever in our Hearts.
83. A Good Friend to All.
68. Thanks for the memories.
85. In Loving memory of ….
69. Beloved ….
70. Tenderly we treasure the past, with memories that will always last. 71. Your presence we miss, your memory we treasure, loving you always, forgetting you never.
72. Loving you is easy, we do it every day, missing you is a heartache, that never goes away.
73. Loving memories of one so dear, treasured still with a love sincere, in our hearts she is living yet, we loved her too dearly to forget.
74. In all the world we shall not find a heart so wonderfully kind, so soft a voice, so sweet a smile, inspiration worthwhile; a sympathy so sure, so deep, a love so beautiful to keep.
75. Thoughts today, memories forever.
76. You still live on in the hearts and minds of the loving family you left behind.
77. We who love you, sadly miss you, as it dawns another year, in our lonely hours of thinking, thoughts of you are ever near.
78. Always a smile, instead of a frown, Always a hand, when one is down, Always true, thoughtful and kind, wonderful memories she left behind.
79. Loved always, Sadly missed.
80. Those we love don’t go away, They walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always there, Still loved, still missed and very dear.
81. Although you can’t be here with me, We’re truly not apart, Until the final breath I take, you’ll be living in my heart.
82. In our hearts your memory lingers, Sweetly tender, fond and true, There is not a day, dear _______, That we do not think of you.
83. A page in the book of memory, Silently turns today. We remember you in silence, And make no outward show. And what it meant to lose you, No one will ever know.
84. Dearer still as years depart Her memory lives within my heart.
85. Forever remembered, Forever missed.
86. Everyday in some small way, Memories of you come our way, Though absent, you are always near, Still missed, loved, always dear.
87. We can’t have old days back, When we were all together, But secret tears and loving thoughts, Will be with us forever.
88. The tears in my eyes I can wipe away, The ache in my heart will always stay.
89. Although death has separated us physically, faith and love have bound us eternally. Though we cannot see you, we know you are here. Though we cannot touch you, feel the warmth of your smile as we begin a new chapter in our lives.
90. Peacefully sleeping, resting at last, His weary trials and troubles past, In silence he suffered, in patience he bore, Till God called him home to suffer no more.
91. His charming ways and smiling face, Are a pleasure to recall, He had a kindly word for each, And died beloved by all.
92. Sadly missed, Lovingly remembered.
93. Tenderly we treasure the past, With memories that will always last. 94. Resting where no shadows fall, In peaceful sleep he awaits us all: God will link the broken chain, When one by one we meet again.
95. It broke my heart to lose you, But you didn’t go alone, For part of me went with you, The day God called you home.
96. There is a link death cannot sever, Love and remembrance last forever.
97. Silent memories true and tender, Just to show we still remember.
98. Memories are like threads of gold, They never tarnish or grow old. 116. Although we cannot see you, We know you are very near, Smiling down upon us, As we join our love so dear.
99. So much has changed since you’ve been gone, Through ups and downs our lives move on, But as time rolls by one thing remains true, We’ll always have memories of you.
100. Your presence I miss, Your memory I treasure, Loving you always, Forgetting you never.
101. While you, dear Mother, rest and sleep, Your loving memory we’ll always keep.
102. If tear drops could build a stairway, And memory a lane, We’d walk the long road to reach, And bring him home again.
103. It’s hard to believe You are no longer here, We think of you, You feel so near, In some small way, every single day, Memories of you come our way.
104. He walks with us down quiet paths, And speaks in wind and rain, For the magic power of memory, Gives him back to us again.
105. As you were You will always be, Treasured forever In our memory. 106. You still live on in the hearts and minds, Of the loving family you left behind.
107. Wherever I go, whatever I do, Memories keep me near to you.
108. Everyday, in some small way, memories of you come our way. Though absent, you are always near, Still missed, loved and always dear.
109. A silent thought, a secret tear, Keeps his memory ever dear. Time eases the edge of grief, Memory turns back every leaf.
110. A part of my heart he took with him, But his love he left me to keep, So we will never really be parted, The bond between us is too deep.
111. Treasured thoughts of one so dear, Often bring a silent tear, Thoughts of scenes long past, Years roll on, but memories last.
112. I keep in my heart the love of the past, For there it was planted forever to last.
113. Those we love we never lose, For always they will be, Loved, remembered, treasured, Always in our memory.
114. I sit and wonder every day, Why the Lord chose to call you away, I think He saw you needed rest, He only takes the very best.
115. Though absent you are very near, Still loved, still missed, and very dear.
116. The Guardian Angels of life Sometimes fly so high As to be beyond our sight, But they are always looking down upon us.
117. Sadly missed along life’s way, Quietly remembered every day, No longer in our life to share, But in our hearts he’s always there.
118. For those who are in our hearts on our Wedding Day and Always to bless us in spirit as we begin our life together.
119. God grant us serenity to accept things we cannot change; Courage to change the things we can, And wisdom to know the difference.
120. Keep her Jesus, in Thy keeping, Until I reach that golden shore, Then dear Saviour let me have her, And love her as I did before.
121. Dear ______, you are not forgotten, Though on earth you are no more, Still in memory you are with us, As you always were before.
122. Wonderful memories woven in gold, This is a picture I tenderly hold, Deep in my heart, a memory is kept, To love, to cherish, never to forget. 123. We miss you in so many ways, We miss things you used to say, And when old times we do recall, It’s then we miss you most of all.
124. Together in the same old way, Would be my dearest wish today.
- God is Love.
- At Rest.
- Gone so Soon.
- Sweetly Resting.
- Beloved one, farewell.
- Gone to be an angel.
- Our Loved One.
- Asleep in Jesus.
- Safe in the arms of Jesus.
- Gone to live with Jesus.
- Thy will be done.
- He giveth his beloved sleep.
- Gone, but not forgotten.
- She is just away.
- Was far too sweet to linger on.
- A rose in the garden of God.
- We will gather at the River.
- Jesus gathers the buds for Heaven.
- Pray for me.
- Where the flowers bloom forever.
- The way of the Cross leads home.
- The star of hope forever glows.
23. Dying is but going home.
24. He gave His life for others.
25. In God’s Care.
26. Glory lights the soldier’s tomb.
27. It shall be well with them that fear God.
28. God is our refuge and strength.
29. “Into thy hands, I commend my spirit.”
30. Death is but a shadow across the path to Heaven.
31. God is and all is well.
32. Beautiful Isle of Somewhere.
33. He died as he lived – a Christian.
34. She was the sunshine of our home.
35. Mother waits for us in Heaven.
36. Daddy, we will meet you.
37. We will meet again.
38. God doeth all things well.
39. He died for God and our Country.
40. Believers in God live beyond the tomb.
41. Gone from her Earthly home to her Heavenly home.
42. In that Land where we’ll never grow old.
43. Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
1. “And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” – Psalm 23:6
2. “Believe on him to life everlasting.” – 1 Timothy 1:16
3. “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the Faith.” – 2 Timothy 4:7
4. “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of Heaven.” – Matthew 19:14
5. “Verily, verily, I say unto you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”- John 5:25
6. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
7. “Greater love has no one than this that someone lay down his life for his friends.”- John 15:13
8. “And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” – Matthew 24:30
9. “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”- Matthew 24:22
10. “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”- Matthew 11:28
11. “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end.”- Lamentations 3:22
12. “Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.”- Revelation 2:10
13. “Absent in body, but present in spirit.” -1 Corinthians 5:3
14. “Father, not my will, but yours, be done.” Luke 22:42
15. “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, that where I am, there you may also be.” – John 14:3
16. “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” – Psalm 116:15
17. “…Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” – Isaiah 43:1
1. Together Forever.
2. Beloved by all who knew them.
3. Our love is eternal.
4. Our love is forever.
5. Beloved and dear in life. In death they are not divided.
6. Loving and kind in all their ways, Upright and just to the end of their days. Sincere and true in heart and mind, What a beautiful memory they left behind.
7. They lived, and laughed, and loved, and left.
8. A treasured life together.
9. We lived together in happiness. Now we rest together in peace.
10. Love Forever True.
11. A love without end.
12. Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails.
13. Love lives on.
14. Precious are the memories of ___ and ___.
1. Beloved Mother.
2. Loving Mother.
3. Beloved Mother and Grandmother.
4. Loving Mother and Grandmother.
5. A mother holds her children’s hands for a while, their hearts forever.
6. A loving mother, tender and kind. What a beautiful memory you left behind.
7. Your love continues to light my way, your memory will never leave me.
1. Beloved Father.
2. Loving Father.
3. Beloved Father and Grandfather.
4. Loving Father and Grandfather.
5. The world is diminished because he is gone… but it is still a better place because he was here.
6. That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much.
7. He always did the things he thought he couldn’t do. Thank you for your courage and inspiration.