Custom Cemetery Monuments
CUSTOM CEMETERY MONUMENTS
Did your loved one have a cherished hobby, career or talent? Is a traditional headstone just not enough? Tegeler Monument specializes in custom cemetery monuments. We have been helping families in Baltimore, Maryland, D.C., Virginia, as well as southern Pennsylvania to create custom tombstones as special as the family, companions or individual they are being made for.
When you decide to create a custom memorial for your loved one, there are limitless possibilities. You can create a monument with a completely custom shape to capture the personality of your loved one. Some of the things to consider when it comes to creating a custom piece are the lettering style and verbiage, as well as the design of the stone.
Every memorial consists of lettering, whether it be only names and dates, or a special verse. When choosing cemetery lettering, you should take care to choose something that reflects the memory of your loved one. Some opt to do a traditional stone with only names and dates. Others opt to personalize the stone with a song lyric or poem that is sentimental.
Another aspect to consider would be the design options for lettering:
- Raised lettering – For a bold effect, we can cut the stone away from the shape of the letter, so it looks like the words are raised off the surface of the monument.
- Cut-in lettering – In this classic style, the letters are sunk into the stone.
- Color of text – We have options for gold and silver leaf letters that will undoubtedly make a striking contrast to darker colored materials.
- Font – Do you want the letters to be more traditional, or would a calligraphic font be better suited?
HEADSTONE DESIGNS AND BACKGROUND IMAGING
With modern technologies and advances in headstone crafting, Tegeler Monument can create truly unique custom cemetery monuments that incorporate background images onto your loved one’s stone. If they enjoyed fishing, perhaps the image of a gentle stream on their headstone would be appropriate. Likewise, if they loved the sweet flowers of spring, then a bouquet carved right into the stone would ensure they can always enjoy the picture of fresh blossoms.
Does the above seem too simple for your loved one? Consider adding a design aspect that includes hobbies, careers, and personality traits. For example, if your family member was an avid bingo player, consider adding a bingo card with their lucky numbers. Was your loved one obsessed with their pets? Consider adding a likeness of their cherished animals to their stone. At Tegeler Monument, we can make the image in your head a reality.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
With Tegeler, you’ll have a knowledgeable memorial expert with you every step of the way. Our goal is to make a difficult process easier. Our straightforward design process goes like this:
- First – Choosing your Materials: The first step in the process is to choose the material we will use to create your memorial. You will need to choose the shape, color, and polish of the memorial.
- Second – Choosing your Design & Verbiage: The second step is to choose what you want on the monument. There are seldom limits to what we can put on the memorial. In this step, we will choose the name and dates layout, as well as any design or emblems that you wish to have on the stone.
- Third – Drawing Proof: Once we have the design and materials picked out, one of our experts will create a drawing proof of your memorial. This will illustrate the design and verbiage you chose. We can make changes to this drawing to help make it perfect.
- Last – Creation: After you have approved the perfect design with the best materials, we get to work crafting your custom piece. Once finished, we deliver the final product wherever you need. We even handle installation at the cemetery.
ADD ENHANCEMENTS TO YOUR CUSTOM CEMETERY MONUMENT
Questions about our granite cemetery monuments? Please call us at (410) 944-0300 or click the button below to contact us and one of our family members will be in touch shortly.