Choosing an epitaph for a child can be a difficult and emotional task. It is a way to honor and remember the life of a little one who was taken too soon. The epitaph should be a reflection of the child’s life and the love that they brought into the world. It should also bring comfort to the family and serve as a reminder of the child’s impact on their lives.
One important consideration when choosing an epitaph for a child is to focus on the positive memories and the love shared with them. This can be reflected in a phrase such as “forever loved, forever missed,” or “our littlest angel, taken too soon.” It is also important to consider the child’s personality and interests. For example, if they loved playing outside, an epitaph such as “running free in God’s garden” may be appropriate.
It is also important to take into account the beliefs and values of the family. Religious families may choose an epitaph that reflects their faith, such as “resting in the arms of Jesus.” Others may prefer a more secular message, such as “you left a lifetime of love.” Whatever the message, the epitaph should bring comfort and solace to the family as they grieve the loss of their little one.
Below are some examples of children’s epitaphs that might be considered for headstones for children’s graves:
- “Forever loved, forever missed, forever our angel.”
- “Too beautiful for Earth.”
- “Our littlest angel, taken too soon.”
- “Gone but never forgotten.”
- “Sleeping peacefully in God’s arms.”
- “A moment in our arms, a lifetime in our hearts.”
- “God has you in His keeping, we have you in our hearts.”
- “Although we never held you, we will always love you.”
- “Your memory will live on in our hearts forever.”
- “In loving memory of a precious child.”
- “You may have only been here a short time, but you left a lifetime of love.”
- “Our little sunshine, forever shining bright.”
- “You brought so much joy in your short time with us.”
- “Heaven gained an angel, but our hearts ache for you.”
- “We will hold you in our hearts until we can hold you in heaven.”
Contact Tegeler for Children’s Headstone Services in Maryland
Choosing children’s epitaphs can be challenging. If you are in need of assistance planning and installing a beautiful headstone for a child in Maryland, Virginia, or the surrounding areas, contact Tegeler. Our family-operated business has decades of experience creating lasting tributes to loved ones of all ages.